The China Bookworm Literary Award is an annual award for a previously unpublished novel. Submissions for the 2015 award are open to all eligible writers from January to April 30, 2015. The winner of the prize will have their novel translated into English and published by the China Bookworm Press.
- Submissions must be received by April 30, 2015.
- Manuscripts must be original and submitted by the author.
- Each entrant may only submit one completed novel in Chinese (normally above 100,000 characters), and it must be previously unpublished, either online or in print.
- There is no submission fee.
- Each entrant may only enter one submission.
- Manuscripts must be typed and submitted in PDF or WORD format.
- Please include a cover page listing the title of the manuscript and the author’s name, age, address, e-mail address, and telephone number. As shortlisted manuscripts will be judged anonymously, it is important that the author’s information does not appear on any part of the manuscript except for the cover page.
- Please email your manuscript as an attachment to email@example.com
- Entering the competition implies that no one apart from the author holds any rights to the novel in any jurisdiction. The winning novel will be translated into English and published in English by the China Bookworm Press. The Press will then collaborate with industry partners in China and in international markets with a view to publishing the book in other languages and markets.
- Entering this competition implies that the ultimate winner grants the China Bookworm Press global print and electronic publishing rights, and that the Bookworm may negotiate on the author’s behalf in other markets with a view to getting the novel published in other languages and markets. The winner of the prize and other submissions that the Press is interested in publishing shall be asked to sign a contract to agree to work with the China Bookworm Press in this regard. (Full details of rights contract available upon request.)
The winner of the award will be chosen from the shortlist by a panel of judges.
If you have any questions about the award or the press, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org